EDRLab is much more than a development laboratory: it is a community of practice for the publishing industry, in Europe and around the world.
Why should I become a member?
- Help the Lab:
- working on an open ebook ecosystem in Europe (take it as a protection against the monopoly of proprietary platforms),
- developing open-source software as part of the Readium project,
- promoting ebook accessibility,
- developing Readium LCP, a user-friendly DRM especially useful for e-lending,
- participating in the evolution of EPUB, as a W3C member:
- to get feedback on what the W3C Publishing WG is working on,
- to present your ideas to the W3C Publishing WG via EDRLab,
- Participate to EDRLab Working Groups (BDComicsManga, LCP evolutions …)
- Network, create business partnerships with other industry members, develop expert resource contracts,
- Provide strategic direction, new perspectives and your specific use cases by:
- giving advice on prospective open source projects and other undertakings of EDRLab that may be submitted to the membership for approval,
- participating to EDRLab Board of Director elections,
- running and serve on the EDRLab Board of Directors,
- Attend the Digital Publishing Summit Europe at discounted member rates,
- Participate to informative webinars and receive our newsletter (ok, it is not only for members).
How to Join
To become a member of EDRLab, the only requirement is to have an activity in relationship with the object of the Association.
Standard member dues are calculated from the annual net revenue and size. The current due structure is as follows:
|Company characteristics||Member dues (tax excl.)|
|Non-profit organizations and company with revenue <= 2 M€||500 €|
|Company with revenue < 10 M€ and less than 50 employees||1000 €|
|Major academic partner member||1000 €|
|Company with revenue < 50 M€ and less than 250 employees||1800 €|
|Company with revenue >= 50 M€ or more than 250 employees||3000 €|
|Small membership organization||4000 €|
|Medium membership organization||7000 €|
|Major industrial partner member||20000 €|