Why should I become a member?
- Help the Lab:
- working on an open ebook ecosystem in Europe (take it as a protection against the monopoly of proprietary platforms),
- developing open-source software as part of the Readium project,
- promoting ebook accessibility,
- developing Readium LCP, a user-friendly DRM especially useful for e-lending,
- participating in the evolution of EPUB, as a W3C member:
- to get feedback on what the W3C Publishing WG is working on,
- to present your ideas to the W3C Publishing WG via EDRLab,
- Participate to EDRLab Working Groups (BDComicsManga, LCP evolutions …)
- Network, create business partnerships with other industry members, develop expert resource contracts,
- Provide strategic direction, new perspectives and your specific use cases by:
- giving advice on prospective open source projects and other undertakings of EDRLab that may be submitted to the membership for approval,
- participating to EDRLab Board of Director elections,
- running and serve on the EDRLab Board of Directors,
- Attend the Digital Publishing Summit Europe at discounted member rates,
- Participate to informative webinars and receive our newsletter (ok, it is not only for members).
How to Join
To become a member of EDRLab, the only requirement is to have an activity in relationship with the object of the Association.
Standard member dues are calculated by the size of their member companies. The current due structure is as follows:
|Company characteristics||Member dues|
|Small: company has revenue < 10 M€ and < 50 employees||500 € excluding taxes|
|Large: company has revenue >= 10 M€ or >= 50 employees||1000 € excluding taxes|
Online payment of member’s due
Member fee 500 € with VAT, for French members.
Member fee 500 € without VAT, for non-French members.
Member fee 1000 € with VAT, for French members.
Member fee 1000 € without VAT, for non-French members.