Why should I become a member?
- to help the Lab working on an open ebook ecosystem in Europe (take it as a protection against the monopoly of proprietary platforms),
- to help the Lab developing open-source software as part of the Readium project,
- to help the Lab promoting ebook accessibility,
- to help the Lab developing Readium LCP, a user-friendly DRM especially useful for e-lending,
- to help the Lab participating in the evolution of EPUB, as a W3C member:
- to get feedback on what the W3C DPub WG is doing,
- to be able to present your ideas to the W3C DPub WG via EDRLab,
- to participate to EDRLab Working Groups (BDComicsManga, LCPforPDF …)
- to attend the Digital Publishing Summit Europe at discounted member rates,
- to give your advice on prospective open source projects and other undertakings of EDRLab that may be submitted to the membership for approval,
- to run and serve on the EDRLab Board of Directors,
- to vote in EDRLab Board of Director elections,
- to participate to informative webinars and receive our newsletter (ok, it is not only for members).
How to Join
To become a member of EDRLab, the only requirement is to have an activity in relationship with the object of the Association.
Standard member dues are calculated by the size of their member companies. The current due structure is as follows:
|Company characteristics||Member dues|
|Small: company has revenue < 10 M€ and < 50 employees||500 € excluding taxes|
|Large: company has revenue >= 10 M€ or >= 50 employees||1000 € excluding taxes|