On the occasion of the French Presidency of the Council of the European Union, the Ministry of Culture is pleased to invite you to the event:
WHAT CHALLENGES FOR BOOKS AND READING IN EUROPE?
This web event will be held on February 24 from 9:30 am CET to 6 pm CET. Some thirty speakers from all over Europe will debate key issues for the future of books and reading.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, books and reading have proved to represent a very strong value for Europeans, who have massively turned to bookshops and libraries. Paradoxically, the number of readers is decreasing according to several concordant studies. In this context, what common issues and what cooperation can be envisaged between professionals?
The up-to-date program is here.
Simultaneous translation will be provided in French, English, German, Spanish and Italian.
At 2 pm CET (1 pm UTC), a particularly interesting round table on “Publishing natively accessible digital books: preparing for the implementation of the ‘accessibility’ directive” .
Anne Bergman (FEP), Cristina Mussinelli (LIA), Fernando da Silva (FAF), Ted van der Togt (KB.nl) and Laurent Le Meur (EDRLab) will participate to this round table and will discuss the challenges our industry is facing and how it is working on solving them.
Registration and accreditation are required:
- Click on the link https://delegues.accreditation-eu2022.fr/secured/login
- Click on “Create a new account” at the bottom of the page
- Fill in the form. You will receive a message: click on the link “activate your account” (check for spam)
- On the “Authentication” page, here are the different codes to fill in the fields:
- Delegation: LECTUREURO.Participants
- Access code: DGMIC@pfue22
- Your e-mail
- Your password (which you have just chosen)
A confirmation email will be sent to you within 24 hours.