Thorium Reader 2.2.0 has been released on December 1st, 2022.
Thorium Reader is a free, highly accessible, multilingual and multi-format reading application. It has a modern user interface with no ads or private data leakage. This application is one of the best EPUB 3 readers on the market; it is also a good reading app for PDF, DAISY files and audio books.
Thorium Reader supports Readium LCP DRM-protected publications borrowed from public libraries or purchased from booksellers’ websites.
This open-source project from the European Digital Reading Lab is constantly evolving: please help with its development at https://github.com/sponsors/edrlab.
This version features:
- The display of accessibility metadata in publication info dialog.
- Navigation history when following hyperlinks, with back / forward buttons (+ keyboard shortcuts for accessibility).
- EPUB FXL Fixed-Layout zoom now with keyboard shorcuts (increase, decrease and reset).
- Single centered pages on EPUB Fixed-Layout publications when the aspect ratio of the screen is portrait instead of landscape (this overrides the authored values).Enhancements in MathML support via MathJax, for screen reader interaction (accessibility).
- Support of the Calibre content server as a source of ebooks, via is OPDS feed, with an optional authentication.
- Possibility to edit the title and URL of an OPDS feed.
- Updated translations: English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Spanish, Swedish.
And a large set of fixes detailed in the release page.
Read a post describing how simple it is to get ebooks for your Calibre content server.
Download the Thorium Reader application here.